When I think about Salt Lake City, I think of Mormonism and the 2002 Winter Olympics. Underground hip-hop? Not so much. Rather than playing down the uniqueness of their background and repping Salt Lake as if it were Brooklyn or Atlanta, however, Booth Hurris & Gig have gone the exact opposite route with video single, Ham ‘n’ Eggs, exaggerating outsiders’ perceptions of their hometown to hilarious extremes. Over the fluttering piano keys and chopped soul vocals of beatsmith Ante, Hurris kicks off his opening verse with a shout-out to “...all [his] LDSers,” and Flamingo Films’ visuals depict the crew staging an Oh Brother Where Art Thou-esque escape before rocking the stage at an old-timey barn dance. Feeling it? Then keep it locked for more creative jams leading up to the late-2012 release of Hurris & Gig’s forthcoming full-length, As Good As It Was.
Written by richard on 08/31/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.