Before Hurricane Chris got his deal with ColliPark/Polo Grounds/J Records to release 51/50 Ratchet, the Shreveport, Louisiana native, had an underground deal with Rap-A-Lot and Asylum Records. To capitalize on his current popularity, the label has decided to release some of his early underground material for a compilation album entitled, You Hear Me? One of the more notable local hits follows the trend of one-word songs, and in this case, it’s Yep. Despite assistance from local rappers Video Willie, Bulletproof-Teflon! and Billy Broadway, on top of in-house producer Phunk Dawg‘s synth-heavy beat, Yep sounds a bit more like Kia Shine‘s WOW than Usher‘s Yeah. You Hear Me? is in stores now.
Listen to More: Hurricane Chris Written by Burmy
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ay Bay Bay (Remix) ft. Game, Lil' Boosie, E-40, Baby & Jada" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!