Mr. Ay Bay Bay himself Hurricane Chris is looking to not be a one-hit wonder. Currently getting more spins at radio than virtually ever other urban artist, Chris (and his label Polo Grounds/J Records) has unleashed the second single, Hand Clap, off his upcoming debut album, 51/50 Ratchet. The production is reminiscent of old school Juvenile and Chris sounds almost identical to fellow Southerner, Lil’ Boosie. The idea of incorporating the hand clap into a song is two decades old. Somehow in twenty years though, nobody ever ran with the idea of turning it into an entire song. Will Hand Clap prevent the one-hit wonder curse from occurring? Who knows, but I can guarantee loads of ring tones sold!
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ay Bay Bay (Remix) ft. Game, Lil' Boosie, E-40, Baby & Jada" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.