Mr. Ay Bay Bay himself Hurricane Chris is looking to not be a one-hit wonder. Currently getting more spins at radio than virtually ever other urban artist, Chris (and his label Polo Grounds/J Records) has unleashed the second single, Hand Clap, off his upcoming debut album, 51/50 Ratchet. The production is reminiscent of old school Juvenile and Chris sounds almost identical to fellow Southerner, Lil’ Boosie. The idea of incorporating the hand clap into a song is two decades old. Somehow in twenty years though, nobody ever ran with the idea of turning it into an entire song. Will Hand Clap prevent the one-hit wonder curse from occurring? Who knows, but I can guarantee loads of ring tones sold!
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ay Bay Bay (Remix) ft. Game, Lil' Boosie, E-40, Baby & Jada" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.