Mr. Ay Bay Bay himself Hurricane Chris is looking to not be a one-hit wonder. Currently getting more spins at radio than virtually ever other urban artist, Chris (and his label Polo Grounds/J Records) has unleashed the second single, Hand Clap, off his upcoming debut album, 51/50 Ratchet. The production is reminiscent of old school Juvenile and Chris sounds almost identical to fellow Southerner, Lil’ Boosie. The idea of incorporating the hand clap into a song is two decades old. Somehow in twenty years though, nobody ever ran with the idea of turning it into an entire song. Will Hand Clap prevent the one-hit wonder curse from occurring? Who knows, but I can guarantee loads of ring tones sold!
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/07
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ay Bay Bay (Remix) ft. Game, Lil' Boosie, E-40, Baby & Jada" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.