Mr. Ay Bay Bay himself Hurricane Chris is looking to not be a one-hit wonder. Currently getting more spins at radio than virtually ever other urban artist, Chris (and his label Polo Grounds/J Records) has unleashed the second single, Hand Clap, off his upcoming debut album, 51/50 Ratchet. The production is reminiscent of old school Juvenile and Chris sounds almost identical to fellow Southerner, Lil’ Boosie. The idea of incorporating the hand clap into a song is two decades old. Somehow in twenty years though, nobody ever ran with the idea of turning it into an entire song. Will Hand Clap prevent the one-hit wonder curse from occurring? Who knows, but I can guarantee loads of ring tones sold!
Written by DJ Z on 08/7/07
Polo Grounds/J Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Ay Bay Bay (Remix) ft. Game, Lil' Boosie, E-40, Baby & Jada" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)