Everyone knows that a dope beat and clever, well-thought-out lyrics are important components of a good song, but an oft-overlooked element is the Cadence. A bad one can turn a good song into something whack, but a great cadence can take an average song and make it memorable. It’s appropriate that Booth newcomer Huntor Prey’s new single is titled Cadence, because his is quite memorable. Producer Ill Poetic cooks up the track’s lively beat, which is reminiscent of a 70’s police show. As he showcases his crisp flow, Prey switches up the cadence by adding a leanin’ twinge to the last word of every line. Want to hear Huntor’s Cadence over all types of beats? Then be sure to check out his Motion Sound Picture EP, released yesterday and available now online.
Written by Lucas G. on 06/26/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.