In ‘06, hip-hop’s most in-demand ‘hookman’ was Akon. Last year, almost every artist and their mother recruited T-Pain to do their hook work. So, whose turn is in now that the calendar has flipped to ’08? We think it’s safe to assume that title belongs to Sean Kingston. After lending his hook talents to Clyde Carson, Lil’ Fizz and Bun B, Kingston has been scooped up by unsigned Florida MC, Hunt, for the synth-tastical I’m A Rider. With a solid ‘hit candidate’ beat courtesy of Kingston’s only producer, JR Rotem, Hunt tries his best to standout on the song amongst his talented coworkers. In order to be the best, however, you can’t merely work with the best. Luck for Hunt, he’s only been rapping for a little more than a year.
Written by Burmy on 02/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gorilla Soldiers ft. Bun B" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.