In ‘06, hip-hop’s most in-demand ‘hookman’ was Akon. Last year, almost every artist and their mother recruited T-Pain to do their hook work. So, whose turn is in now that the calendar has flipped to ’08? We think it’s safe to assume that title belongs to Sean Kingston. After lending his hook talents to Clyde Carson, Lil’ Fizz and Bun B, Kingston has been scooped up by unsigned Florida MC, Hunt, for the synth-tastical I’m A Rider. With a solid ‘hit candidate’ beat courtesy of Kingston’s only producer, JR Rotem, Hunt tries his best to standout on the song amongst his talented coworkers. In order to be the best, however, you can’t merely work with the best. Luck for Hunt, he’s only been rapping for a little more than a year.
Written by Burmy on 02/20/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Gorilla Soldiers ft. Bun B" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.