Compared to New York, Los Angeles, and Atlanta, Indianapolis isn’t exactly one of the most-repped cities on the hip-hop map. As is the case with most Midwestern cities, Indy seems to be content with its current status. Nap-Town native son, Hum.V, however, whose appropriately titled record, Simple Man, has received increasingly heavy rotation throughout his hometown, might begin to change that perception. While other rappers have the big money, luxury cars, jewlery, and women, Hum.V is content with his health, family, and friends to support him. Simply put: he’s grateful for everything he has. Produced by Corey Miller, Simple Man reassures hip-hop listeners not to feel left out because of a lack of riches; when everything’s put into perspective, life is damn good.
Listen to More: Hum.V Written by Burmy
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Look in Your Eyes ft. Lynda Saayah" (2008)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- FL (of The Foodchain) - Young Amsterdam
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.