Ever since Run-D.M.C. and Aerosmith teamed up on Walk This Way, the genres of hip-hop and rock were destined for collaborative beauty (see Busta Rhymes & Linkin Park’s We Made It, or Kevin Rudolf & Lil’ Wayne‘s Let It Rock for further proof). On a smaller scale, Indianapolis rapper Hum.V has admitted to being strongly influenced by rock icons such as John Mellencamp, Smashing Pumpkins, and Nirvana, all of whom have influenced his indie release, One Verse at a Time. On his current single, Look In Your Eyes, Hum shows how much of a gentleman he can be, but, more importantly, why a change in pop music is on the horizon. While most rappers love the one-night stand, Hum.V prefers a serious (preferably lifelong) relationship. Featuring Lynda Saayah on the hook and fellow indie emcee C-Ray on the piano-looped beat, Look In Your Eyes has assisted Hum in securing a meeting with Capitol Records later this week.
Written by Burmy on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.