Ever since Run-D.M.C. and Aerosmith teamed up on Walk This Way, the genres of hip-hop and rock were destined for collaborative beauty (see Busta Rhymes & Linkin Park’s We Made It, or Kevin Rudolf & Lil’ Wayne‘s Let It Rock for further proof). On a smaller scale, Indianapolis rapper Hum.V has admitted to being strongly influenced by rock icons such as John Mellencamp, Smashing Pumpkins, and Nirvana, all of whom have influenced his indie release, One Verse at a Time. On his current single, Look In Your Eyes, Hum shows how much of a gentleman he can be, but, more importantly, why a change in pop music is on the horizon. While most rappers love the one-night stand, Hum.V prefers a serious (preferably lifelong) relationship. Featuring Lynda Saayah on the hook and fellow indie emcee C-Ray on the piano-looped beat, Look In Your Eyes has assisted Hum in securing a meeting with Capitol Records later this week.
Written by Burmy on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.