Ever since Run-D.M.C. and Aerosmith teamed up on Walk This Way, the genres of hip-hop and rock were destined for collaborative beauty (see Busta Rhymes & Linkin Park’s We Made It, or Kevin Rudolf & Lil’ Wayne‘s Let It Rock for further proof). On a smaller scale, Indianapolis rapper Hum.V has admitted to being strongly influenced by rock icons such as John Mellencamp, Smashing Pumpkins, and Nirvana, all of whom have influenced his indie release, One Verse at a Time. On his current single, Look In Your Eyes, Hum shows how much of a gentleman he can be, but, more importantly, why a change in pop music is on the horizon. While most rappers love the one-night stand, Hum.V prefers a serious (preferably lifelong) relationship. Featuring Lynda Saayah on the hook and fellow indie emcee C-Ray on the piano-looped beat, Look In Your Eyes has assisted Hum in securing a meeting with Capitol Records later this week.
Written by Burmy on 10/21/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)