If you happen to pass LostPoet on the streets of his native Anaheim, just keep walking. Judging by Leave Me Alone, his first feature and the latest single from Marseillaise beatsmith Hugo Kant, he ain’t exactly what you’d call a people person. With that said, listeners shouldn’t let the unwelcoming title scare them away from this aurally adventurous jam. Behind the boards, Kant establishes a unique atmosphere, blending an incongruous set of sounds—harpsichord, Eastern vocal melodies, reggae-guitar riffs, psychedelic organ, cinematic samples—into a surprisingly cohesive backdrop for his collaborator’s streetwise, cynical verses. Like what you’re hearing? More eclectic, immersive jams await on the producer’s new EP of the same title, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.