If you happen to pass LostPoet on the streets of his native Anaheim, just keep walking. Judging by Leave Me Alone, his first feature and the latest single from Marseillaise beatsmith Hugo Kant, he ain’t exactly what you’d call a people person. With that said, listeners shouldn’t let the unwelcoming title scare them away from this aurally adventurous jam. Behind the boards, Kant establishes a unique atmosphere, blending an incongruous set of sounds—harpsichord, Eastern vocal melodies, reggae-guitar riffs, psychedelic organ, cinematic samples—into a surprisingly cohesive backdrop for his collaborator’s streetwise, cynical verses. Like what you’re hearing? More eclectic, immersive jams await on the producer’s new EP of the same title, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.