If you happen to pass LostPoet on the streets of his native Anaheim, just keep walking. Judging by Leave Me Alone, his first feature and the latest single from Marseillaise beatsmith Hugo Kant, he ain’t exactly what you’d call a people person. With that said, listeners shouldn’t let the unwelcoming title scare them away from this aurally adventurous jam. Behind the boards, Kant establishes a unique atmosphere, blending an incongruous set of sounds—harpsichord, Eastern vocal melodies, reggae-guitar riffs, psychedelic organ, cinematic samples—into a surprisingly cohesive backdrop for his collaborator’s streetwise, cynical verses. Like what you’re hearing? More eclectic, immersive jams await on the producer’s new EP of the same title, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)