If you happen to pass LostPoet on the streets of his native Anaheim, just keep walking. Judging by Leave Me Alone, his first feature and the latest single from Marseillaise beatsmith Hugo Kant, he ain’t exactly what you’d call a people person. With that said, listeners shouldn’t let the unwelcoming title scare them away from this aurally adventurous jam. Behind the boards, Kant establishes a unique atmosphere, blending an incongruous set of sounds—harpsichord, Eastern vocal melodies, reggae-guitar riffs, psychedelic organ, cinematic samples—into a surprisingly cohesive backdrop for his collaborator’s streetwise, cynical verses. Like what you’re hearing? More eclectic, immersive jams await on the producer’s new EP of the same title, available now for purchase via Bandcamp.
Written by richard on 07/3/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.