What do Atlanta band Vonnegutt, West Virginia emcee Huey Mack, and former Auto-Tune sensation T-Pain all have in common? They’re all entirely too trusting of their local bartender. In the visuals for Mack’s A Boy Named Hue single Last Time, the rapper and Vonnegutt frontman Kyle Lucas learn all too well the consequences of being too trusting as they are duped out of an iPad, Macbook, cash, and even a passport from the lady who was dishing out their drinks earlier in the evening. The record proves to be quite the intriguing mix of hip-hop and light rock thanks to Sinima‘s guitar-heavy production and Vonnegutt vocalist Neil Garrard‘s melodious hook. Mack’s A Boy Named Hue mixtape was released back in April, and on top of the rapper’s collab with Vonnegutt, the project also features guest appearances from Scolla and Missy Modell.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/15/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Night" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.