For most, Sunday evening is a time to recharge one’s batteries in anticipation of another work week. Huey Mack, however, has something very different in mind on his first Booth feature—he and his crew are determined to make it a Good Night, with all the free-flowing liquor, dancing, and general revelry that entails. The inaugural leak off Kato’s forthcoming street album (commemorating his addition to Booth-acclaimed beat collective SMKA), this anthemic jam finds the beatsmith serving up an ebullient synth-string backdrop as the West Virginia rhymesayer drinks to success in the music game. In upbeat, braggadocious verses, he puts his own spin on hip-hop’s classic underdog story: “We started from nothing, and built it from scratch / and look where we at: travelin’ the map. / Toes in the sand, sippin’ on Pabst –damn, it feel good to relax.” I don’t know whether it’s impressively real or just hilarious that he’s still knocking back PBRs now that he can afford the good stuff—maybe Booth readers can help me out here. Either way, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of A Kato Production, as well as all the latest from Huey Mack.
Written by richard on 03/25/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"About Us" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- ScHoolboy Q ft. Nas & BJ The Chicago Kid - Studio (Remix)
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- “Google Me Bitch”: A Lyrical Album Review of Rittz’ “Next to Nothing”
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.