For most, Sunday evening is a time to recharge one’s batteries in anticipation of another work week. Huey Mack, however, has something very different in mind on his first Booth feature—he and his crew are determined to make it a Good Night, with all the free-flowing liquor, dancing, and general revelry that entails. The inaugural leak off Kato’s forthcoming street album (commemorating his addition to Booth-acclaimed beat collective SMKA), this anthemic jam finds the beatsmith serving up an ebullient synth-string backdrop as the West Virginia rhymesayer drinks to success in the music game. In upbeat, braggadocious verses, he puts his own spin on hip-hop’s classic underdog story: “We started from nothing, and built it from scratch / and look where we at: travelin’ the map. / Toes in the sand, sippin’ on Pabst –damn, it feel good to relax.” I don’t know whether it’s impressively real or just hilarious that he’s still knocking back PBRs now that he can afford the good stuff—maybe Booth readers can help me out here. Either way, those who like what they’re hearing can keep it locked for more fresh tunes leading up to the yet-unscheduled release of A Kato Production, as well as all the latest from Huey Mack.
Written by richard on 03/25/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"About Us" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Beyond the Lights: Machine Gun Kelly Learns to Act Like Himself
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.