For up-and-comers unaccustomed to the spotlight’s glare, that first taste of fame can be a little overwhelming. Huey Mack will freely admit that his recent successes have him reeling, but he’s not letting the pressure get to him. On the lead single off his next full-length, the West Virginia up-and-comer expresses his confidence that, come what may, everything is gonna Be Alright. Released along with official visuals by Matt Kilmer, this introspective cut finds Mack joined on the mic by fellow hip-pop buzzmaker Mike Stud. Lu Balz provides a sweeping, synth-driven backdrop for the collaborators’ emotionally-charged bars. Huey Mack’s Pretending Perfection LP is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, October 15. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for the latest song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Night" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.