For up-and-comers unaccustomed to the spotlight’s glare, that first taste of fame can be a little overwhelming. Huey Mack will freely admit that his recent successes have him reeling, but he’s not letting the pressure get to him. On the lead single off his next full-length, the West Virginia up-and-comer expresses his confidence that, come what may, everything is gonna Be Alright. Released along with official visuals by Matt Kilmer, this introspective cut finds Mack joined on the mic by fellow hip-pop buzzmaker Mike Stud. Lu Balz provides a sweeping, synth-driven backdrop for the collaborators’ emotionally-charged bars. Huey Mack’s Pretending Perfection LP is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, October 15. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for the latest song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Night" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.