For up-and-comers unaccustomed to the spotlight’s glare, that first taste of fame can be a little overwhelming. Huey Mack will freely admit that his recent successes have him reeling, but he’s not letting the pressure get to him. On the lead single off his next full-length, the West Virginia up-and-comer expresses his confidence that, come what may, everything is gonna Be Alright. Released along with official visuals by Matt Kilmer, this introspective cut finds Mack joined on the mic by fellow hip-pop buzzmaker Mike Stud. Lu Balz provides a sweeping, synth-driven backdrop for the collaborators’ emotionally-charged bars. Huey Mack’s Pretending Perfection LP is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, October 15. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for the latest song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Night" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.