For up-and-comers unaccustomed to the spotlight’s glare, that first taste of fame can be a little overwhelming. Huey Mack will freely admit that his recent successes have him reeling, but he’s not letting the pressure get to him. On the lead single off his next full-length, the West Virginia up-and-comer expresses his confidence that, come what may, everything is gonna Be Alright. Released along with official visuals by Matt Kilmer, this introspective cut finds Mack joined on the mic by fellow hip-pop buzzmaker Mike Stud. Lu Balz provides a sweeping, synth-driven backdrop for the collaborators’ emotionally-charged bars. Huey Mack’s Pretending Perfection LP is scheduled for independent release on Tuesday, October 15. In the meantime, of course, fans can keep it locked for the latest song releases off the set.
Written by richard on 09/17/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Good Night" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.