Don’t two individuals have to lock eyes in order for it to qualify as “love at first sight?” I thought so, but evidently I was mistaken; on new single I Go Crazy, PaYOW! emcee Huey describes a shorty with such smooth dance moves that, after one glimpse, he was ready to start shopping for a ring. Booty-shaking, however hypnotizing, may not seem like the best basis for a lasting relationship, but the record is so catchy that it’s hard to care. Trillion Billion Dollar Beats (who, if he really got paid one sextillion dollars for his work here, would be far and away the richest man on the planet) turns in a star performance behind the boards, backing Huey’s lovestruck bars with a glossy blend of keyboard and electric guitar riffs, and Colby O’Donis puts the cherry on top of the rap/R&B sundae with a characteristically silky-smooth chorus. If this radio/club-ready track leaves you head over heels, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Huey’s forthcoming In Reel Life… LP, which has yet to receive a release date from the label execs.
Written by richard on 11/19/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.