Don’t two individuals have to lock eyes in order for it to qualify as “love at first sight?” I thought so, but evidently I was mistaken; on new single I Go Crazy, PaYOW! emcee Huey describes a shorty with such smooth dance moves that, after one glimpse, he was ready to start shopping for a ring. Booty-shaking, however hypnotizing, may not seem like the best basis for a lasting relationship, but the record is so catchy that it’s hard to care. Trillion Billion Dollar Beats (who, if he really got paid one sextillion dollars for his work here, would be far and away the richest man on the planet) turns in a star performance behind the boards, backing Huey’s lovestruck bars with a glossy blend of keyboard and electric guitar riffs, and Colby O’Donis puts the cherry on top of the rap/R&B sundae with a characteristically silky-smooth chorus. If this radio/club-ready track leaves you head over heels, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Huey’s forthcoming In Reel Life… LP, which has yet to receive a release date from the label execs.
Written by richard on 11/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.