Don’t two individuals have to lock eyes in order for it to qualify as “love at first sight?” I thought so, but evidently I was mistaken; on new single I Go Crazy, PaYOW! emcee Huey describes a shorty with such smooth dance moves that, after one glimpse, he was ready to start shopping for a ring. Booty-shaking, however hypnotizing, may not seem like the best basis for a lasting relationship, but the record is so catchy that it’s hard to care. Trillion Billion Dollar Beats (who, if he really got paid one sextillion dollars for his work here, would be far and away the richest man on the planet) turns in a star performance behind the boards, backing Huey’s lovestruck bars with a glossy blend of keyboard and electric guitar riffs, and Colby O’Donis puts the cherry on top of the rap/R&B sundae with a characteristically silky-smooth chorus. If this radio/club-ready track leaves you head over heels, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Huey’s forthcoming In Reel Life… LP, which has yet to receive a release date from the label execs.
Written by richard on 11/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.