Don’t two individuals have to lock eyes in order for it to qualify as “love at first sight?” I thought so, but evidently I was mistaken; on new single I Go Crazy, PaYOW! emcee Huey describes a shorty with such smooth dance moves that, after one glimpse, he was ready to start shopping for a ring. Booty-shaking, however hypnotizing, may not seem like the best basis for a lasting relationship, but the record is so catchy that it’s hard to care. Trillion Billion Dollar Beats (who, if he really got paid one sextillion dollars for his work here, would be far and away the richest man on the planet) turns in a star performance behind the boards, backing Huey’s lovestruck bars with a glossy blend of keyboard and electric guitar riffs, and Colby O’Donis puts the cherry on top of the rap/R&B sundae with a characteristically silky-smooth chorus. If this radio/club-ready track leaves you head over heels, keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest on Huey’s forthcoming In Reel Life… LP, which has yet to receive a release date from the label execs.
Written by richard on 11/19/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.