Just when many were beginning to think that Huey‘s Strictly Business strategy would end in failure, the emcee ran into a stroke of good luck: with his HiTz Committee boss, MempHiTz, hosting BET’s Rap City replacement, The Deal, his 24-7/365 music video got heavy rotation on the network, even inspiring a straight-to-DVD film (due out March 31st). For now, the St. Louis native’s plan is to continue catering to his core audience: females. On this newly-released cut, he reveals why he’s so popular with the ladies: he’s got that PaYOW! that makes sweet lovemaking even sweeter for his partner. Employing a rapped/sung flow, Huey sounds a little like Weezy with Lyfe Jennings’ vocal chords, but Bobby V‘s hook and Deezle‘s beat smooth PaYOW! into a perfect bedroom jam. Has Huey struck gold once again? To find out, go to your favorite CD store or online retailer July 14 and pick up a copy of Strictly Business.
Written by Burmy on 03/3/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.