After the disappointing sales of his debut album, Notebook Paper, rapper Huey is using a whole new approach on his all-important follow-up; one that’s Strictly Business. Since one of the most important aspects of a good business is to know your market, the St. Louis native appeals directly to his radio-listening, teenage female audience with the album’s first official single, No Makeup. Huey brings along well-known heartthrob Trey Songz for the hook and up-and-coming ladies’ jam producer Soundz (see Usher‘s Love in This Club Part 2) to set the instrumental accompaniment. Is the new style a sound business strategy? Check back later this year to see if Strictly Business is in the red or the black.
Written by Burmy on 08/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.