After the disappointing sales of his debut album, Notebook Paper, rapper Huey is using a whole new approach on his all-important follow-up; one that’s Strictly Business. Since one of the most important aspects of a good business is to know your market, the St. Louis native appeals directly to his radio-listening, teenage female audience with the album’s first official single, No Makeup. Huey brings along well-known heartthrob Trey Songz for the hook and up-and-coming ladies’ jam producer Soundz (see Usher‘s Love in This Club Part 2) to set the instrumental accompaniment. Is the new style a sound business strategy? Check back later this year to see if Strictly Business is in the red or the black.
Written by Burmy on 08/10/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.