After the disappointing sales of his debut album, Notebook Paper, rapper Huey is using a whole new approach on his all-important follow-up; one that’s Strictly Business. Since one of the most important aspects of a good business is to know your market, the St. Louis native appeals directly to his radio-listening, teenage female audience with the album’s first official single, No Makeup. Huey brings along well-known heartthrob Trey Songz for the hook and up-and-coming ladies’ jam producer Soundz (see Usher‘s Love in This Club Part 2) to set the instrumental accompaniment. Is the new style a sound business strategy? Check back later this year to see if Strictly Business is in the red or the black.
Written by Burmy on 08/10/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.