After the disappointing sales of his debut album, Notebook Paper, rapper Huey is using a whole new approach on his all-important follow-up; one that’s Strictly Business. Since one of the most important aspects of a good business is to know your market, the St. Louis native appeals directly to his radio-listening, teenage female audience with the album’s first official single, No Makeup. Huey brings along well-known heartthrob Trey Songz for the hook and up-and-coming ladies’ jam producer Soundz (see Usher‘s Love in This Club Part 2) to set the instrumental accompaniment. Is the new style a sound business strategy? Check back later this year to see if Strictly Business is in the red or the black.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Pop, Lock & Drop It" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.