Up till now, we in the Booth have known HSVN chiefly as the architect behind indie soul singer Jarell Perry‘s sound. Though they’re still paired up on the newly-released Supreme, this marks the first time we’ve seen the L.A.-based beatsmith in the driver’s seat. The lead single and title track off his forthcoming EP, this cut finds HSVN layering delayed keys and quirky synth wobbles over a languid, creamy rhythm section. Perry echoes his partner’s unconventional approach on the lyrical tip, crooning about the ineffable “quality X” that distinguishes him from his peers. The Supreme EP is slated to drop digitally on Thursday, July 24. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whenever I Plz" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.