Up till now, we in the Booth have known HSVN chiefly as the architect behind indie soul singer Jarell Perry‘s sound. Though they’re still paired up on the newly-released Supreme, this marks the first time we’ve seen the L.A.-based beatsmith in the driver’s seat. The lead single and title track off his forthcoming EP, this cut finds HSVN layering delayed keys and quirky synth wobbles over a languid, creamy rhythm section. Perry echoes his partner’s unconventional approach on the lyrical tip, crooning about the ineffable “quality X” that distinguishes him from his peers. The Supreme EP is slated to drop digitally on Thursday, July 24. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whenever I Plz" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.