Up till now, we in the Booth have known HSVN chiefly as the architect behind indie soul singer Jarell Perry‘s sound. Though they’re still paired up on the newly-released Supreme, this marks the first time we’ve seen the L.A.-based beatsmith in the driver’s seat. The lead single and title track off his forthcoming EP, this cut finds HSVN layering delayed keys and quirky synth wobbles over a languid, creamy rhythm section. Perry echoes his partner’s unconventional approach on the lyrical tip, crooning about the ineffable “quality X” that distinguishes him from his peers. The Supreme EP is slated to drop digitally on Thursday, July 24. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whenever I Plz" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.