Up till now, we in the Booth have known HSVN chiefly as the architect behind indie soul singer Jarell Perry‘s sound. Though they’re still paired up on the newly-released Supreme, this marks the first time we’ve seen the L.A.-based beatsmith in the driver’s seat. The lead single and title track off his forthcoming EP, this cut finds HSVN layering delayed keys and quirky synth wobbles over a languid, creamy rhythm section. Perry echoes his partner’s unconventional approach on the lyrical tip, crooning about the ineffable “quality X” that distinguishes him from his peers. The Supreme EP is slated to drop digitally on Thursday, July 24. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whenever I Plz" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.