Up till now, we in the Booth have known HSVN chiefly as the architect behind indie soul singer Jarell Perry‘s sound. Though they’re still paired up on the newly-released Supreme, this marks the first time we’ve seen the L.A.-based beatsmith in the driver’s seat. The lead single and title track off his forthcoming EP, this cut finds HSVN layering delayed keys and quirky synth wobbles over a languid, creamy rhythm section. Perry echoes his partner’s unconventional approach on the lyrical tip, crooning about the ineffable “quality X” that distinguishes him from his peers. The Supreme EP is slated to drop digitally on Thursday, July 24. In the meantime, of course, we’ll keep you supplied with the latest singles.
Written by richard on 07/11/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whenever I Plz" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.