Although Hot Rod‘s debut album, Fast Lane, remains on G-Unit‘s back burner, the Phoenix, Arizona native has kept his name active in clubs from the Grand Canyon all the way to Germany thanks to his earlier buzz single, I Like To F*ck. Now re-mastered and chosen as his official single, the racy song features Hot Rod’s original two verses, singer Boniface‘s hook, and Beau Dozier‘s alternative club-ready production. For extra appeal, however, ol’ Mick Swagger has added infamous MySpace and MTV temptress Tila Tequila for a new brand of “nasty rap.” Even though the edited version will sound like the record got scratched, Hot Rod may have finally found his niche on the music scene. Hopefully 50 Cent and Jimmy Iovine will take notice and finally give Fast Lane a parking space on store shelves.
Written by Burmy on 05/26/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Hate Is The New Love" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.