As most of you probably remember from last year, rapper Hot Dollar became the first artist signed to Jermaine Dupri‘s new Island Urban Music label and his debut album, My Dreams…A Day In The Life, was set to drop on August 14. Eventually, several other artists (Rocko, DJ Felli Fel, 9th Ward) would sign contracts with the label, thus leaving Dollar’s project on hold. Understanding his situation, Dollar has taken the initiative to promote himself with two new buzz tracks: the sexually-explicit Get Naked, and the more radio-friendly Upside Down. In the latter, the Hattiesburg-born, SoCal resident, adds a dash of singing from Que and everyone’s favorite accompaniment: the voice box effect. For Dollar’s sake, we hope the fad doesn’t fizzle before his album drops.
Written by Burmy on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
Dolla Figga Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Streetz On Lock ft. Jermaine Dupri" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.