As most of you probably remember from last year, rapper Hot Dollar became the first artist signed to Jermaine Dupri‘s new Island Urban Music label and his debut album, My Dreams…A Day In The Life, was set to drop on August 14. Eventually, several other artists (Rocko, DJ Felli Fel, 9th Ward) would sign contracts with the label, thus leaving Dollar’s project on hold. Understanding his situation, Dollar has taken the initiative to promote himself with two new buzz tracks: the sexually-explicit Get Naked, and the more radio-friendly Upside Down. In the latter, the Hattiesburg-born, SoCal resident, adds a dash of singing from Que and everyone’s favorite accompaniment: the voice box effect. For Dollar’s sake, we hope the fad doesn’t fizzle before his album drops.
Written by Burmy on 02/18/08
Submit your Rating
Dolla Figga Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Streetz On Lock ft. Jermaine Dupri" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.