Due to restrictions placed on songs considered for radio and television play, most sexually-related content is axed completly or is turned into a humorous innuendo. Sometimes these creations work well commercially (My Humps), but most of the time they do not (Oochie Wally). In an attempt to completely ignore the system, probably because it won’t be released as a single, Island Urban Music’s Hot Dollar has created the very blatant and forward, Get Naked. Taking a page out of Snoop Dogg’s book, without the title change of course, Dollar raps and sings to his heart’s content and in the end just wants nakedness. Look out for his debut, My Dreams… A Day in the Life, to find out if he got what he wanted.
Written by DJ Z on 01/30/08
Submit your Rating
Dolla Figga Ent.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Streetz On Lock ft. Jermaine Dupri" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.