Many a party goer has found solace the morning after thanks to a pair of sunglasses and a bottle of Advil, but this post-hangover pairing received the absolute seal of approval following Kanye West’s sunglasses and Advil mention on Watch The Throne‘s No Church In The Wild. So it should come as no surprise that Sunglasses & Advil, the newest single from Freestyle Series alums HorseShoe Gang, is a party song to the fullest. Amidst Hennessy mentions, tales of good girls gone bad, and other fanciful forays the four emcee’s work their way around the familiar hook which boasts, “Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real.” With its squeaky synths and melodious hand claps, the production on the record is heavily West Coast thanks to production newcomer Awbskure. Sunglasses & Advil serves as the lead single from the quartets #TrueStory EP, which will be released on September 11.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural Born Killas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.