Many a party goer has found solace the morning after thanks to a pair of sunglasses and a bottle of Advil, but this post-hangover pairing received the absolute seal of approval following Kanye West’s sunglasses and Advil mention on Watch The Throne‘s No Church In The Wild. So it should come as no surprise that Sunglasses & Advil, the newest single from Freestyle Series alums HorseShoe Gang, is a party song to the fullest. Amidst Hennessy mentions, tales of good girls gone bad, and other fanciful forays the four emcee’s work their way around the familiar hook which boasts, “Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real.” With its squeaky synths and melodious hand claps, the production on the record is heavily West Coast thanks to production newcomer Awbskure. Sunglasses & Advil serves as the lead single from the quartets #TrueStory EP, which will be released on September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural Born Killas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.