Many a party goer has found solace the morning after thanks to a pair of sunglasses and a bottle of Advil, but this post-hangover pairing received the absolute seal of approval following Kanye West’s sunglasses and Advil mention on Watch The Throne‘s No Church In The Wild. So it should come as no surprise that Sunglasses & Advil, the newest single from Freestyle Series alums HorseShoe Gang, is a party song to the fullest. Amidst Hennessy mentions, tales of good girls gone bad, and other fanciful forays the four emcee’s work their way around the familiar hook which boasts, “Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real.” With its squeaky synths and melodious hand claps, the production on the record is heavily West Coast thanks to production newcomer Awbskure. Sunglasses & Advil serves as the lead single from the quartets #TrueStory EP, which will be released on September 11.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural Born Killas" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.