Many a party goer has found solace the morning after thanks to a pair of sunglasses and a bottle of Advil, but this post-hangover pairing received the absolute seal of approval following Kanye West’s sunglasses and Advil mention on Watch The Throne‘s No Church In The Wild. So it should come as no surprise that Sunglasses & Advil, the newest single from Freestyle Series alums HorseShoe Gang, is a party song to the fullest. Amidst Hennessy mentions, tales of good girls gone bad, and other fanciful forays the four emcee’s work their way around the familiar hook which boasts, “Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real.” With its squeaky synths and melodious hand claps, the production on the record is heavily West Coast thanks to production newcomer Awbskure. Sunglasses & Advil serves as the lead single from the quartets #TrueStory EP, which will be released on September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/8/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural Born Killas" (2009)
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.