Many a party goer has found solace the morning after thanks to a pair of sunglasses and a bottle of Advil, but this post-hangover pairing received the absolute seal of approval following Kanye West’s sunglasses and Advil mention on Watch The Throne‘s No Church In The Wild. So it should come as no surprise that Sunglasses & Advil, the newest single from Freestyle Series alums HorseShoe Gang, is a party song to the fullest. Amidst Hennessy mentions, tales of good girls gone bad, and other fanciful forays the four emcee’s work their way around the familiar hook which boasts, “Sunglasses and Advil, last night was mad real.” With its squeaky synths and melodious hand claps, the production on the record is heavily West Coast thanks to production newcomer Awbskure. Sunglasses & Advil serves as the lead single from the quartets #TrueStory EP, which will be released on September 11.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/8/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Natural Born Killas" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)