Lyrical heads rejoice: Hop Is Back. On the latest single off his forthcoming junior set, Cali underground phenom Hopsin announces that his ‘ass-whooping ticket‘s been validated and he’s ready to do battle with all comers. To prove it, he busts shots at two of the rap game’s current hottest commodities; over his own grimy street boardwork, he expresses his disgust with Kanye‘s new direction on Yeezus, and damns K-Dot with some very faint praise: “Kendrick took the bar and raised it up higher for emcees / Unfortunately the little n**ga’s like 4’3”, the guy’s a f**kin’ midget.” In addition to handling mic and production duties, Hop directs the accompanying visuals in conjunction with George Orozco. For Hop Is Back and much more, cop the Knock Madness LP when it drops Tuesday, November 26, via the artist’s own Funk Volume label.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Am I a Psycho" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.