Lyrical heads rejoice: Hop Is Back. On the latest single off his forthcoming junior set, Cali underground phenom Hopsin announces that his ‘ass-whooping ticket‘s been validated and he’s ready to do battle with all comers. To prove it, he busts shots at two of the rap game’s current hottest commodities; over his own grimy street boardwork, he expresses his disgust with Kanye‘s new direction on Yeezus, and damns K-Dot with some very faint praise: “Kendrick took the bar and raised it up higher for emcees / Unfortunately the little n**ga’s like 4’3”, the guy’s a f**kin’ midget.” In addition to handling mic and production duties, Hop directs the accompanying visuals in conjunction with George Orozco. For Hop Is Back and much more, cop the Knock Madness LP when it drops Tuesday, November 26, via the artist’s own Funk Volume label.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Am I a Psycho" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!