Lyrical heads rejoice: Hop Is Back. On the latest single off his forthcoming junior set, Cali underground phenom Hopsin announces that his ‘ass-whooping ticket‘s been validated and he’s ready to do battle with all comers. To prove it, he busts shots at two of the rap game’s current hottest commodities; over his own grimy street boardwork, he expresses his disgust with Kanye‘s new direction on Yeezus, and damns K-Dot with some very faint praise: “Kendrick took the bar and raised it up higher for emcees / Unfortunately the little n**ga’s like 4’3”, the guy’s a f**kin’ midget.” In addition to handling mic and production duties, Hop directs the accompanying visuals in conjunction with George Orozco. For Hop Is Back and much more, cop the Knock Madness LP when it drops Tuesday, November 26, via the artist’s own Funk Volume label.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Am I a Psycho" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.