Lyrical heads rejoice: Hop Is Back. On the latest single off his forthcoming junior set, Cali underground phenom Hopsin announces that his ‘ass-whooping ticket‘s been validated and he’s ready to do battle with all comers. To prove it, he busts shots at two of the rap game’s current hottest commodities; over his own grimy street boardwork, he expresses his disgust with Kanye‘s new direction on Yeezus, and damns K-Dot with some very faint praise: “Kendrick took the bar and raised it up higher for emcees / Unfortunately the little n**ga’s like 4’3”, the guy’s a f**kin’ midget.” In addition to handling mic and production duties, Hop directs the accompanying visuals in conjunction with George Orozco. For Hop Is Back and much more, cop the Knock Madness LP when it drops Tuesday, November 26, via the artist’s own Funk Volume label.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Am I a Psycho" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.