Lyrical heads rejoice: Hop Is Back. On the latest single off his forthcoming junior set, Cali underground phenom Hopsin announces that his ‘ass-whooping ticket‘s been validated and he’s ready to do battle with all comers. To prove it, he busts shots at two of the rap game’s current hottest commodities; over his own grimy street boardwork, he expresses his disgust with Kanye‘s new direction on Yeezus, and damns K-Dot with some very faint praise: “Kendrick took the bar and raised it up higher for emcees / Unfortunately the little n**ga’s like 4’3”, the guy’s a f**kin’ midget.” In addition to handling mic and production duties, Hop directs the accompanying visuals in conjunction with George Orozco. For Hop Is Back and much more, cop the Knock Madness LP when it drops Tuesday, November 26, via the artist’s own Funk Volume label.
Written by richard on 10/22/13
Hopsin, your rapper’s favorite rapper, is back with his latest album. Or, perhaps he would be your rapper’s favorite rapper if he didn’t spend so much time angrily insulting his fellow rappers and the rap game at large....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Am I a Psycho" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.