Own too many heels to fit in your walk-in closet? Have trouble decided which upscale club to get slizzard at on Saturday night? Can’t think of anything to put on your Christmas list, because youv’e already got it all? Sounds like you may be suffering from a case of the #WhiteGirlProblems. On a standout cut off his latest digital album, Hoodie Allen pays tribute to a fly but sheltered female with a special place in his heart. Flowing over the bouncy, chopped sample grooves of RJF, Allen tells us the whole story; first introduced at a Tiesto concert (or was it Tiesto?) last autumn, Allen and the chick in question hit it off despite her “obnoxious” drunken behavior. Though all goes swimmingly at first, it soon becomes clear that her comfortable upbringing and “high-maintenance” lifestyle will mke her a little tough to handle. And lest anyone get it twisted, the titular condition transcends both race and gender; as Hoodie makes clear on the back, Kanye West is just as exemplary a case as Taylor Swift. Digging this tongue-in-cheek selection? More bangers await on Hoodie’s Leap Year LP, available for download via the artist’s official site.
Written by richard on 08/15/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.