Damn, Hoodie, slow down! Just last Wednesday, Hoodie Allen dropped an acoustic version of his hit single No Interruption. While we could have basked in that cut’s afterglow for weeks, the artist is already back with another song release off his forthcoming EP. The H.A. hit on the menu this week: Two Lips. Proving that his impressive vocal performance on No Interruption was no fluke, the artist again showcases his skills as a crooner. Whereas its predecessor was energetic and vibrant, Two Lips has a much more poignant, heartfelt vibe. Backed by a light guitar arrangement (produced by Matt Wentworth and Jared Evan), Hoodie’s vocals shine, and the power in his voice is on full display. If this selection’s sparked your interest, be sure to check out the Americoustic EP when it drops digitally next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/7/13
Seven months after unleashing his acclaimed Crew Cuts mixtape, Hoodie Allen has dropped his follow-up digital release, the Americoustic EP. A collection of 6 acoustic reimaginings of the New York native's most popular cuts,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.