Damn, Hoodie, slow down! Just last Wednesday, Hoodie Allen dropped an acoustic version of his hit single No Interruption. While we could have basked in that cut’s afterglow for weeks, the artist is already back with another song release off his forthcoming EP. The H.A. hit on the menu this week: Two Lips. Proving that his impressive vocal performance on No Interruption was no fluke, the artist again showcases his skills as a crooner. Whereas its predecessor was energetic and vibrant, Two Lips has a much more poignant, heartfelt vibe. Backed by a light guitar arrangement (produced by Matt Wentworth and Jared Evan), Hoodie’s vocals shine, and the power in his voice is on full display. If this selection’s sparked your interest, be sure to check out the Americoustic EP when it drops digitally next week.
Written by Lucas G. on 08/7/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.