Have you ever dreamed of being able to do whatever you want? How about saying whatever you want? F**king whoever? (You can answer these questions out loud, its okay.) Seriously, though, think about the concept of no rules, no restrictions, no guidelines, no laws—just your call, 110% of the time. Sounds like fun, eh? Welcome to the life of one Hoodie Allen in the Ariel Danziger-directed visuals for his brand new single, Show Me What You’re Made Of. In a parody paying tribute to one of Adam Sandler’s great films, Happy Gilmore, we find Mr. James Franco and his father, played by none other than Mötley Crüe founder Tommy Lee, doing as they please with a pack of friends on a fancy golf course. The upbeat, Timbaland-inspired production is provided by RJF and Parrish Warrington, who create a track that is perfect for Allen’s interchangeable rap/sung flow. So, if this record has inspired you to get a little crazy, we recommend taking a walk on the wild side and purchasing it over at iTunes. If not, conserve your energy, stay out of trouble, and prepare for anarchy when the NY buzzmaker drops his formal debut offering later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 05/7/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.