Have you ever dreamed of being able to do whatever you want? How about saying whatever you want? F**king whoever? (You can answer these questions out loud, its okay.) Seriously, though, think about the concept of no rules, no restrictions, no guidelines, no laws—just your call, 110% of the time. Sounds like fun, eh? Welcome to the life of one Hoodie Allen in the Ariel Danziger-directed visuals for his brand new single, Show Me What You’re Made Of. In a parody paying tribute to one of Adam Sandler’s great films, Happy Gilmore, we find Mr. James Franco and his father, played by none other than Mötley Crüe founder Tommy Lee, doing as they please with a pack of friends on a fancy golf course. The upbeat, Timbaland-inspired production is provided by RJF and Parrish Warrington, who create a track that is perfect for Allen’s interchangeable rap/sung flow. So, if this record has inspired you to get a little crazy, we recommend taking a walk on the wild side and purchasing it over at iTunes. If not, conserve your energy, stay out of trouble, and prepare for anarchy when the NY buzzmaker drops his formal debut offering later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 05/7/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)