Having the ability to dish out Top 40 choruses like Rubio throwing alley oops while still being able to maintain a Hip Hop enthusiast’s attention has always been a challenge for many rappers. Often, these breakthrough attempts end up on the brink of bubble gum pop or a failed attempt at a catchy hook resulting in pure Autotuned disaster. Recently, a Jewish rapper has been able to maintain that balance and, believe it or not, his name isn’t Aubrey Graham. Hoodie Allen is that artist, and sure enough he was able to pull it off (again) on his latest single No Interruption. Produced by RJF, No Interruption is a bouncy and layered record that allows Hoodie to give us all some useful advice; top of the list, make sure you neve date a girl you found on Craigslist. On the extremely catchy hook, Hoodie explains to his favorite girl (or OPP) that he’ll be more than glad to fulfill whatever needs she has. It’s only a matter of time before Hoodie lands a Top 40 hit, but until then he’s dropping off his debut EP, All American, on April 10.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 03/29/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.