Some songs are a great accompaniment while you’re attention is pointed elsewhere, because you can pause them and come right back without missing a beat, but this acoustic rendition of Hoodie Allen’s most popular single to-date is not one of them. When you listen to this record, there must be No Interruptions. While the original is undoubtedly solid, this version’s acoustic backdrop (courtesy of Matt Wentworth, RJF and WNDRBRD) really provides Hoodie’s voice with an extra pop, showing listeners that he is much more than a studio artist. Without missing a beat, the emcee goes far beyond rapping and even toys with a smooth pop/R&B vocal style that’s so appealing his fans may demand more down the road. For those hungry fans, I have good news; in a few weeks, Allen will be releasing Americoustic, a six-track EP featuring acoustic renditions of the New York native’s most popular songs.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.