Some songs are a great accompaniment while you’re attention is pointed elsewhere, because you can pause them and come right back without missing a beat, but this acoustic rendition of Hoodie Allen’s most popular single to-date is not one of them. When you listen to this record, there must be No Interruptions. While the original is undoubtedly solid, this version’s acoustic backdrop (courtesy of Matt Wentworth, RJF and WNDRBRD) really provides Hoodie’s voice with an extra pop, showing listeners that he is much more than a studio artist. Without missing a beat, the emcee goes far beyond rapping and even toys with a smooth pop/R&B vocal style that’s so appealing his fans may demand more down the road. For those hungry fans, I have good news; in a few weeks, Allen will be releasing Americoustic, a six-track EP featuring acoustic renditions of the New York native’s most popular songs.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/31/13
Seven months after unleashing his acclaimed Crew Cuts mixtape, Hoodie Allen has dropped his follow-up digital release, the Americoustic EP. A collection of 6 acoustic reimaginings of the New York native's most popular cuts,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.