Some songs are a great accompaniment while you’re attention is pointed elsewhere, because you can pause them and come right back without missing a beat, but this acoustic rendition of Hoodie Allen’s most popular single to-date is not one of them. When you listen to this record, there must be No Interruptions. While the original is undoubtedly solid, this version’s acoustic backdrop (courtesy of Matt Wentworth, RJF and WNDRBRD) really provides Hoodie’s voice with an extra pop, showing listeners that he is much more than a studio artist. Without missing a beat, the emcee goes far beyond rapping and even toys with a smooth pop/R&B vocal style that’s so appealing his fans may demand more down the road. For those hungry fans, I have good news; in a few weeks, Allen will be releasing Americoustic, a six-track EP featuring acoustic renditions of the New York native’s most popular songs.
Written by Lucas G. on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.