Last month, Fuse TV brought Empire State rapper Hoodie Allen together with singer/songwriter Kira Grannis to write a record within 24 hours and debut it in front of a live audience. The finished product, Make It Home, turned out so dope that Allen’s repurposed it as his latest promo single. Over RJF and David Brook‘s production, driven by Granmis’ acoustic-guitar chords and DJ FreshDirect‘s sampled rhythm section, Hoodie charts his growth from underdog to indie phenom. The collaborators both lend their vocals to the catchy, radio-ready chorus. Make It Home is available now for purchase on iTunes, and Hoodie fans can click here to cop the emcee’s freshly-released digital full-length, Crew Cuts, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)