Last month, Fuse TV brought Empire State rapper Hoodie Allen together with singer/songwriter Kira Grannis to write a record within 24 hours and debut it in front of a live audience. The finished product, Make It Home, turned out so dope that Allen’s repurposed it as his latest promo single. Over RJF and David Brook‘s production, driven by Granmis’ acoustic-guitar chords and DJ FreshDirect‘s sampled rhythm section, Hoodie charts his growth from underdog to indie phenom. The collaborators both lend their vocals to the catchy, radio-ready chorus. Make It Home is available now for purchase on iTunes, and Hoodie fans can click here to cop the emcee’s freshly-released digital full-length, Crew Cuts, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.