Last month, Fuse TV brought Empire State rapper Hoodie Allen together with singer/songwriter Kira Grannis to write a record within 24 hours and debut it in front of a live audience. The finished product, Make It Home, turned out so dope that Allen’s repurposed it as his latest promo single. Over RJF and David Brook‘s production, driven by Granmis’ acoustic-guitar chords and DJ FreshDirect‘s sampled rhythm section, Hoodie charts his growth from underdog to indie phenom. The collaborators both lend their vocals to the catchy, radio-ready chorus. Make It Home is available now for purchase on iTunes, and Hoodie fans can click here to cop the emcee’s freshly-released digital full-length, Crew Cuts, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.