Last month, Fuse TV brought Empire State rapper Hoodie Allen together with singer/songwriter Kira Grannis to write a record within 24 hours and debut it in front of a live audience. The finished product, Make It Home, turned out so dope that Allen’s repurposed it as his latest promo single. Over RJF and David Brook‘s production, driven by Granmis’ acoustic-guitar chords and DJ FreshDirect‘s sampled rhythm section, Hoodie charts his growth from underdog to indie phenom. The collaborators both lend their vocals to the catchy, radio-ready chorus. Make It Home is available now for purchase on iTunes, and Hoodie fans can click here to cop the emcee’s freshly-released digital full-length, Crew Cuts, for free in the Booth.
Written by richard on 05/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.