After finding some #1-level success from his album, All American, New York City emcee Hoodie Allen is back with the release of his new record, Hey Now. Produced by Something Silent, Hey Now is built on an electronically influenced beat that will be sure to be played at every party in the country soon. On the mic the indie emcee shows why he has the nation buzzing with his skills, sticking with the typical narrative of a hip-hop drinking song while adding his own unique Hoodie Allen twist. Hey Now isn’t attached to a particular project just yet, but fans can keep an eye out for Hoodie and his tour partner G-Eazy to hit a city near them on their joint The Excellent Adventure Tour.
Written by Dillon White on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.