After finding some #1-level success from his album, All American, New York City emcee Hoodie Allen is back with the release of his new record, Hey Now. Produced by Something Silent, Hey Now is built on an electronically influenced beat that will be sure to be played at every party in the country soon. On the mic the indie emcee shows why he has the nation buzzing with his skills, sticking with the typical narrative of a hip-hop drinking song while adding his own unique Hoodie Allen twist. Hey Now isn’t attached to a particular project just yet, but fans can keep an eye out for Hoodie and his tour partner G-Eazy to hit a city near them on their joint The Excellent Adventure Tour.
Written by Dillon White on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.