After finding some #1-level success from his album, All American, New York City emcee Hoodie Allen is back with the release of his new record, Hey Now. Produced by Something Silent, Hey Now is built on an electronically influenced beat that will be sure to be played at every party in the country soon. On the mic the indie emcee shows why he has the nation buzzing with his skills, sticking with the typical narrative of a hip-hop drinking song while adding his own unique Hoodie Allen twist. Hey Now isn’t attached to a particular project just yet, but fans can keep an eye out for Hoodie and his tour partner G-Eazy to hit a city near them on their joint The Excellent Adventure Tour.
Written by Dillon White on 07/30/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)