After finding some #1-level success from his album, All American, New York City emcee Hoodie Allen is back with the release of his new record, Hey Now. Produced by Something Silent, Hey Now is built on an electronically influenced beat that will be sure to be played at every party in the country soon. On the mic the indie emcee shows why he has the nation buzzing with his skills, sticking with the typical narrative of a hip-hop drinking song while adding his own unique Hoodie Allen twist. Hey Now isn’t attached to a particular project just yet, but fans can keep an eye out for Hoodie and his tour partner G-Eazy to hit a city near them on their joint The Excellent Adventure Tour.
Written by Dillon White on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.