After finding some #1-level success from his album, All American, New York City emcee Hoodie Allen is back with the release of his new record, Hey Now. Produced by Something Silent, Hey Now is built on an electronically influenced beat that will be sure to be played at every party in the country soon. On the mic the indie emcee shows why he has the nation buzzing with his skills, sticking with the typical narrative of a hip-hop drinking song while adding his own unique Hoodie Allen twist. Hey Now isn’t attached to a particular project just yet, but fans can keep an eye out for Hoodie and his tour partner G-Eazy to hit a city near them on their joint The Excellent Adventure Tour.
Written by Dillon White on 07/30/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.