It’s difficult to achieve celebrity status, much less enjoy life in the spotlight, without an unhealthy amount of arrogance, narcissism, and entitlement. As rap buzzmaker Hoodie Allen puts it on his latest feature, “Fame Is for A*****es”—which makes him the perfect man for the job. Following lead effort Cake Boy, this freshly-released single finds the Big Apple repper and guest rhymesayer Chiddy (of Chiddy Bang fame) engaging in some lovable douchebaggery over an infectious piano loop beat by Booth faves !llmind and Jared Evan. The accompanying official visuals depict Allen and his collaborator clowning on a high-school b-ball court. Crew Cuts is scheduled for free digital release this Wednesday, following which Hoodie will be embarking on a national tour with Aer and Jared Evan. Click here to find out when he’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 02/18/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)