It’s difficult to achieve celebrity status, much less enjoy life in the spotlight, without an unhealthy amount of arrogance, narcissism, and entitlement. As rap buzzmaker Hoodie Allen puts it on his latest feature, “Fame Is for A*****es”—which makes him the perfect man for the job. Following lead effort Cake Boy, this freshly-released single finds the Big Apple repper and guest rhymesayer Chiddy (of Chiddy Bang fame) engaging in some lovable douchebaggery over an infectious piano loop beat by Booth faves !llmind and Jared Evan. The accompanying official visuals depict Allen and his collaborator clowning on a high-school b-ball court. Crew Cuts is scheduled for free digital release this Wednesday, following which Hoodie will be embarking on a national tour with Aer and Jared Evan. Click here to find out when he’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.