It’s difficult to achieve celebrity status, much less enjoy life in the spotlight, without an unhealthy amount of arrogance, narcissism, and entitlement. As rap buzzmaker Hoodie Allen puts it on his latest feature, “Fame Is for A*****es”—which makes him the perfect man for the job. Following lead effort Cake Boy, this freshly-released single finds the Big Apple repper and guest rhymesayer Chiddy (of Chiddy Bang fame) engaging in some lovable douchebaggery over an infectious piano loop beat by Booth faves !llmind and Jared Evan. The accompanying official visuals depict Allen and his collaborator clowning on a high-school b-ball court. Crew Cuts is scheduled for free digital release this Wednesday, following which Hoodie will be embarking on a national tour with Aer and Jared Evan. Click here to find out when he’ll be visiting a city near you!
Written by richard on 02/18/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.