Considering it’s been more than three years since Fidel Cashflow last showed his face in the Booth, I think it’s time to move on and fill that hilarious rap moniker-shaped hole in my life. Thus, I’m very proud to present the heir to the “Funniest Stage Name” crown, Booth newcomer Hoodie Allen. I’ll give y’all a second to savor the absurd image of the neurotic, 75-year-old comedian rocking urban attire… OK. Moving right along, the Big Apple repper’s got much more to offer than a fresh pseudonym, as evidenced by new single The Chase Is On. On this pop-appealing cut, beatsmith’ RJF‘s bubbly synth-percussion arrangement gets heads a-nodding as the emcee tells a story of love at first sight. Addressing a female whose beauty had him head-over-heels at first glance, Allen showcases a winning mix of wit, confidence and vulnerability. Best line? I’m gonna have to go with, “Are you from Wu-Tang? Then why your Face Ghost?” If this clever (and dopely-named) up-and-comer’s won you over, then be sure to cop his new Leap Year mixtape when it hits the ‘net this Tuesday, the 26th. In the meantime, fans can peep the official video, co-starrring Sofia Black of Skins, here.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.