Considering it’s been more than three years since Fidel Cashflow last showed his face in the Booth, I think it’s time to move on and fill that hilarious rap moniker-shaped hole in my life. Thus, I’m very proud to present the heir to the “Funniest Stage Name” crown, Booth newcomer Hoodie Allen. I’ll give y’all a second to savor the absurd image of the neurotic, 75-year-old comedian rocking urban attire… OK. Moving right along, the Big Apple repper’s got much more to offer than a fresh pseudonym, as evidenced by new single The Chase Is On. On this pop-appealing cut, beatsmith’ RJF‘s bubbly synth-percussion arrangement gets heads a-nodding as the emcee tells a story of love at first sight. Addressing a female whose beauty had him head-over-heels at first glance, Allen showcases a winning mix of wit, confidence and vulnerability. Best line? I’m gonna have to go with, “Are you from Wu-Tang? Then why your Face Ghost?” If this clever (and dopely-named) up-and-comer’s won you over, then be sure to cop his new Leap Year mixtape when it hits the ‘net this Tuesday, the 26th. In the meantime, fans can peep the official video, co-starrring Sofia Black of Skins, here.
Written by richard on 07/24/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)