Ever wondered what it might be like to deliver baked goods for a living? Yeah, me neither. Nonetheless, Hoodie Allen sets out to answer that oddly specific question with his latest opus. Video single numero uno off the free follow-up to iTunes #1 album All American offers listeners a glimpse into the daily grind of a professional Cake Boy, with all the frosting, food fights and f**king that entails. Booth-approved beatsmith !llmind mans the boards, crafting an ultra-minimal, percussion-driven backdrop for the artist’s self-assured bars. Jakob Owens comes together with David “D-WHY” Morris to direct the record’s official visual visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner on Hoodie’s Crew Cuts LP, due out digitally next Wednesday, February 20.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.