Ever wondered what it might be like to deliver baked goods for a living? Yeah, me neither. Nonetheless, Hoodie Allen sets out to answer that oddly specific question with his latest opus. Video single numero uno off the free follow-up to iTunes #1 album All American offers listeners a glimpse into the daily grind of a professional Cake Boy, with all the frosting, food fights and f**king that entails. Booth-approved beatsmith !llmind mans the boards, crafting an ultra-minimal, percussion-driven backdrop for the artist’s self-assured bars. Jakob Owens comes together with David “D-WHY” Morris to direct the record’s official visual visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner on Hoodie’s Crew Cuts LP, due out digitally next Wednesday, February 20.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)