Ever wondered what it might be like to deliver baked goods for a living? Yeah, me neither. Nonetheless, Hoodie Allen sets out to answer that oddly specific question with his latest opus. Video single numero uno off the free follow-up to iTunes #1 album All American offers listeners a glimpse into the daily grind of a professional Cake Boy, with all the frosting, food fights and f**king that entails. Booth-approved beatsmith !llmind mans the boards, crafting an ultra-minimal, percussion-driven backdrop for the artist’s self-assured bars. Jakob Owens comes together with David “D-WHY” Morris to direct the record’s official visual visual accompaniment. Like what you’re hearing? More is just around the corner on Hoodie’s Crew Cuts LP, due out digitally next Wednesday, February 20.
Written by richard on 02/11/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Party at the Beach House" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.