You may recognize Honey Cocaine’s name from two previously-featured Tyga records, most recently, Heisman Pt. 2, on which the femcee made a guest appearance, but He’s The One acts as her first solo DJBooth feature. Although it’s her first moment alone in the Booth spotlight, the T. Dot artist has no trouble bearing her heart and soul with the spotlight shining brightest. On this The MIDI Mafia-produced cut, Honey gets personal, sharing her thoughts and feelings on the recent death of close friend and labelmate Freddie E, with a passionate and emotional flow. He’s The One is a promo single, and is not attached to anything larger, but with the motivation of putting on for her lost comrade, expect to hear more from her very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.