You may recognize Honey Cocaine’s name from two previously-featured Tyga records, most recently, Heisman Pt. 2, on which the femcee made a guest appearance, but He’s The One acts as her first solo DJBooth feature. Although it’s her first moment alone in the Booth spotlight, the T. Dot artist has no trouble bearing her heart and soul with the spotlight shining brightest. On this The MIDI Mafia-produced cut, Honey gets personal, sharing her thoughts and feelings on the recent death of close friend and labelmate Freddie E, with a passionate and emotional flow. He’s The One is a promo single, and is not attached to anything larger, but with the motivation of putting on for her lost comrade, expect to hear more from her very soon.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/14/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.