If The DJBooth were a TV drama, we’d have to cut to commercial every time Homeboy Sandman dropped off a new feature. As the NYC underground rhymesayer puts it on his latest feature, “The Plot Thickens when we come through.” (Also, I’d play myself. Call me, network execs.) On this freshly-released promotional cut, Keith Edward‘s dusty piano loops set the mood as the emcee mixes gnomic braggadocio (“I never get comfy, that’s the way to get pulled / I never get hungry and I never get full.”) with social commentary (“No wonder why crack come in crack vials / Selling crack’s vile.”). Needless to say, his trademark labyrinthine wordplay is in full effect. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but more fresh tunes are on the way. Homebody Sandman is currently hard at work on Kool Herc: The Fertile Crescent, the as yet-unscheduled follow-up to Stone’s Throw debut set First of a Living Breed.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Big Boi ft. A$AP Rocky. Phantogram & A-Ha - Lanes
- BAU Music ft. Action Bronson, A$ton Matthews & J.Rocc - With My Soul
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!