If The DJBooth were a TV drama, we’d have to cut to commercial every time Homeboy Sandman dropped off a new feature. As the NYC underground rhymesayer puts it on his latest feature, “The Plot Thickens when we come through.” (Also, I’d play myself. Call me, network execs.) On this freshly-released promotional cut, Keith Edward‘s dusty piano loops set the mood as the emcee mixes gnomic braggadocio (“I never get comfy, that’s the way to get pulled / I never get hungry and I never get full.”) with social commentary (“No wonder why crack come in crack vials / Selling crack’s vile.”). Needless to say, his trademark labyrinthine wordplay is in full effect. This joint isn’t attached to a larger project, but more fresh tunes are on the way. Homebody Sandman is currently hard at work on Kool Herc: The Fertile Crescent, the as yet-unscheduled follow-up to Stone’s Throw debut set First of a Living Breed.
Written by richard on 03/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Ludacris ft. Miguel - Good Lovin’
- Lupe Fiasco ft. PJ - Mazinger
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (October 2014)
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.