Considering it’s been more than nine months since Homeboy Sandman stepped into the Booth with his first and, to date, only solo feature (Fully Equipped hit our frontpage in early February), readers may be starting to wonder about his whereabouts. Well, there’s no need to worry—on his latest effort, the NYC underground mainstay assures us that we can still reach him anytime, Same Number, Same Hood. The latest entry in Puma‘s Playlist Series, the record finds extraterrestrial beat crew 2 Kids From Pluto cooking us a subtly jazzy, piano-led beat with a classic, Biggie-sampled hook (“I’m blowin’ up like you thought I would…” as Sandman pledges allegiance to his home streets: ”Angel from Elmhurst, where I’m stuck like Elmer’s / Cause I don’t wanna leave, my region, my allegiance that’s a part of me.” The Queens repper’s loyalty to his ‘hood is unquestionable, but are you feeling his lyrics and flow? If so, keep it locked—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from Homeboy Sandman.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.