Considering it’s been more than nine months since Homeboy Sandman stepped into the Booth with his first and, to date, only solo feature (Fully Equipped hit our frontpage in early February), readers may be starting to wonder about his whereabouts. Well, there’s no need to worry—on his latest effort, the NYC underground mainstay assures us that we can still reach him anytime, Same Number, Same Hood. The latest entry in Puma‘s Playlist Series, the record finds extraterrestrial beat crew 2 Kids From Pluto cooking us a subtly jazzy, piano-led beat with a classic, Biggie-sampled hook (“I’m blowin’ up like you thought I would…” as Sandman pledges allegiance to his home streets: ”Angel from Elmhurst, where I’m stuck like Elmer’s / Cause I don’t wanna leave, my region, my allegiance that’s a part of me.” The Queens repper’s loyalty to his ‘hood is unquestionable, but are you feeling his lyrics and flow? If so, keep it locked—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from Homeboy Sandman.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.