Considering it’s been more than nine months since Homeboy Sandman stepped into the Booth with his first and, to date, only solo feature (Fully Equipped hit our frontpage in early February), readers may be starting to wonder about his whereabouts. Well, there’s no need to worry—on his latest effort, the NYC underground mainstay assures us that we can still reach him anytime, Same Number, Same Hood. The latest entry in Puma‘s Playlist Series, the record finds extraterrestrial beat crew 2 Kids From Pluto cooking us a subtly jazzy, piano-led beat with a classic, Biggie-sampled hook (“I’m blowin’ up like you thought I would…” as Sandman pledges allegiance to his home streets: ”Angel from Elmhurst, where I’m stuck like Elmer’s / Cause I don’t wanna leave, my region, my allegiance that’s a part of me.” The Queens repper’s loyalty to his ‘hood is unquestionable, but are you feeling his lyrics and flow? If so, keep it locked—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from Homeboy Sandman.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)