Considering it’s been more than nine months since Homeboy Sandman stepped into the Booth with his first and, to date, only solo feature (Fully Equipped hit our frontpage in early February), readers may be starting to wonder about his whereabouts. Well, there’s no need to worry—on his latest effort, the NYC underground mainstay assures us that we can still reach him anytime, Same Number, Same Hood. The latest entry in Puma‘s Playlist Series, the record finds extraterrestrial beat crew 2 Kids From Pluto cooking us a subtly jazzy, piano-led beat with a classic, Biggie-sampled hook (“I’m blowin’ up like you thought I would…” as Sandman pledges allegiance to his home streets: ”Angel from Elmhurst, where I’m stuck like Elmer’s / Cause I don’t wanna leave, my region, my allegiance that’s a part of me.” The Queens repper’s loyalty to his ‘hood is unquestionable, but are you feeling his lyrics and flow? If so, keep it locked—this joint isn’t attached to any forthcoming project, but we’ll keep you supplied with all the latest from Homeboy Sandman.
Written by richard on 11/16/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.