Earlier this year, German hip-hop shop HHV.de celebrated the 10-year anniversary of their founding by hooking up with Stones Throw for a limited edition 7”. The record’s A-Side, Richardsun, was a previously-unreleased jam featuring the rhymes of Homeboy Sandman. Rthentic RTNC mans the boards on this lyrical street banger, flipping a sample from Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells (aka, the theme song from The Exorcist) as the Queens emcee rhymes about… well, I’m not one-hundred percent sure—but it involves Chewbacca, Doug E. Fresh, the Wright Brothers and a panoply of other eclectic cultural references. Wish you could add the single, which features an exclusive Jaylib remix on side two, to your collection? Unfortunately, it looks like EBay might be your best bet; while Stones Throw were able to grab a few of the 300 total copies to sell via their online store, their supplies were depleted within seven hours of the record being put up for sale.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.