Earlier this year, German hip-hop shop HHV.de celebrated the 10-year anniversary of their founding by hooking up with Stones Throw for a limited edition 7”. The record’s A-Side, Richardsun, was a previously-unreleased jam featuring the rhymes of Homeboy Sandman. Rthentic RTNC mans the boards on this lyrical street banger, flipping a sample from Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells (aka, the theme song from The Exorcist) as the Queens emcee rhymes about… well, I’m not one-hundred percent sure—but it involves Chewbacca, Doug E. Fresh, the Wright Brothers and a panoply of other eclectic cultural references. Wish you could add the single, which features an exclusive Jaylib remix on side two, to your collection? Unfortunately, it looks like EBay might be your best bet; while Stones Throw were able to grab a few of the 300 total copies to sell via their online store, their supplies were depleted within seven hours of the record being put up for sale.
Written by richard on 12/5/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.