In these troubled times, we could all use a little Peace and Love. Always one to keep it positive (if a touch cryptic), Stone’s Throw lyricist Homeboy Sandman delivers just that on this freshly-minted EP single. Over project collaborator El RTNC‘s psychedelic folk-rock samples, the rhymesayer urges his people to set aside foolish beef and recapture the greatness of their ancestors: “Geniuses, Nefertiti and Tut, that’s who we were once. / That was we and us.” Director Chris Antonelli ties the package together with some stylish low-budget visuals. Fans can find this joint, reader-approved single The Plot Thickens and many more fresh cuts on Kool Herc: Fertile Crescent, released yesterday to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 04/24/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.