Fresh off signing to Stones Throw in the fall, Homebody Sandman returns to our pages with his first release on the indie label. On New York Nights a chaotically jazzy, sampled beat by DFM sets the mood as the Big Apple underground rhymesayer pays homage to the beauty and mystique of the NYC nightlife. This joint is set to appear on a Stones Throw/Serato double-disc compilation, as well as on Homeboy’s own debut EP. Watch for both projects to hit store shelves and online retailers in early 2012.
Written by richard on 12/14/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.