With the end of the calender year on the horizon, its always fun to look back at the trends and topics that arose throughout the past 365 days. On that note, did anybody have a better year than the Illuminati? I mean, how many times was the Illuminati supposedly connected to a handful of the biggest names in hip-hop? While artists and hip-hop heads may casually reference the Illuminati, Homeboy Sandman really wrestles the conspiracies and social injustices that surround the mysterious group on his new single. J57’s airy, synth heavy beat sets the stage for Homeboy’s pensive, astute social commentary, which is delivered with an understated, spoken word-like flow. Adding to the eerie vibe is a set of powerful visuals composed by directed Bunny Bread. For more hip-hop that will make you think, check out Homeboy’s album First Of A Living Breed, available now via Stones Throw.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Red Cup Nation ft. Tommy Parker - Girls
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.