With the end of the calender year on the horizon, its always fun to look back at the trends and topics that arose throughout the past 365 days. On that note, did anybody have a better year than the Illuminati? I mean, how many times was the Illuminati supposedly connected to a handful of the biggest names in hip-hop? While artists and hip-hop heads may casually reference the Illuminati, Homeboy Sandman really wrestles the conspiracies and social injustices that surround the mysterious group on his new single. J57’s airy, synth heavy beat sets the stage for Homeboy’s pensive, astute social commentary, which is delivered with an understated, spoken word-like flow. Adding to the eerie vibe is a set of powerful visuals composed by directed Bunny Bread. For more hip-hop that will make you think, check out Homeboy’s album First Of A Living Breed, available now via Stones Throw.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.