With the end of the calender year on the horizon, its always fun to look back at the trends and topics that arose throughout the past 365 days. On that note, did anybody have a better year than the Illuminati? I mean, how many times was the Illuminati supposedly connected to a handful of the biggest names in hip-hop? While artists and hip-hop heads may casually reference the Illuminati, Homeboy Sandman really wrestles the conspiracies and social injustices that surround the mysterious group on his new single. J57’s airy, synth heavy beat sets the stage for Homeboy’s pensive, astute social commentary, which is delivered with an understated, spoken word-like flow. Adding to the eerie vibe is a set of powerful visuals composed by directed Bunny Bread. For more hip-hop that will make you think, check out Homeboy’s album First Of A Living Breed, available now via Stones Throw.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.