With the end of the calender year on the horizon, its always fun to look back at the trends and topics that arose throughout the past 365 days. On that note, did anybody have a better year than the Illuminati? I mean, how many times was the Illuminati supposedly connected to a handful of the biggest names in hip-hop? While artists and hip-hop heads may casually reference the Illuminati, Homeboy Sandman really wrestles the conspiracies and social injustices that surround the mysterious group on his new single. J57’s airy, synth heavy beat sets the stage for Homeboy’s pensive, astute social commentary, which is delivered with an understated, spoken word-like flow. Adding to the eerie vibe is a set of powerful visuals composed by directed Bunny Bread. For more hip-hop that will make you think, check out Homeboy’s album First Of A Living Breed, available now via Stones Throw.
Written by Lucas G. on 11/27/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.