With the abstract lyrical style Homeboy Sandman has exhibited in past features, it’s hard to imagine him simply spitting game to a beautiful woman. New single Couple Bars (Honey, Sugar, Darling, Sweetie, Baby & Boo), however, features him doing exactly that—doing it, might I add, in an eminently smooth fashion. Over a breezy boom-bap beat by Brown Bag All-Stars affiliate J57, the Stone’s Throw signee delivers bars sweet enough to win over any girl who can follow his flow’s twists and turns: “I’ll run atop a rainbow and I snatch a pot of gold / I’ll dump the gold and use the pot to make you platanos / I won’t even pot a rose for you; I’ll pot a grove / I ain’t even got a home for you; I’ve got a globe.” Director Pacool provides the record’s official visual accompaniment. For this joint, previously-featured singles Sputnik and Illuminati and much more, check out Sandman’s First of a Living Breed LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 01/22/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fully Equipped" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.